The first year of a puppy’s life is when they lay the foundations for their future health
All puppies burn calories at an incredible rate and the right balance of high-calorie, muscle building foods is essential. Their diet must support the needs of growing muscle mass without allowing them to put too much weight on young bones.
What should owners be looking for in a dog food?
- Does your puppy’s food contain at least 50% meat content, to give them enough animal protein and fat to help them build and maintain strong bones and muscles?
- Is the meat in the food fresh, meaning it is made from fresh meat preserved by refrigeration only, without artificial preservatives to lock in their natural goodness?
- Is this meat in whole prey portions – a nourishing balance of meat, organs and cartilage – to mirror the natural diet?
- Does the food include a variety of meats from different animals?
Both of our puppy foods are packed with 85% quality animal ingredients, with poultry, fish and whole eggs, two-thirds of which is fresh or raw.
- ORIJEN Puppy provides a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein to fully support your puppy’s rapid growth and development.
- ORIJEN Puppy Large, suitable for larger breeds (weighing more than 30kg at maturity), is rich in protein to support muscle mass, yet calorie-limited to promote healthy weight and reduce stress on developing bones and joints.
ORIJEN puppy foods have the highest Nutritional Rating at 97% of any other dry pet food listed on the AllAboutDogFood.co.uk website.
If you have any nutritional questions, please do get in touch with us at Sales@BernPetFoods.co.uk or call 01737 767679.